George Xiros, Michael Elpidoforou, Paris Kakavoulas, Elias Kolovos, Panagiotis Katsaounos, George Papadopoulos, Mirjan Tahiraj, Themis Douskas, Maria Visvardi, Εleutheria Zapantioti, Fotis Tsoumos, Alkistis Vouraki, Katerina Lianou, Athanasios Kampasakalis, Dionisis Stavrousis, George Moulinos, Valadis Topalides.
October 20 2018
Re-Start Dates (2nd): March 16, 2019
- Patra, Cyprus, Larisa: Visit here and get immediate and detailed information.
E.H.F.A. Accredited, EREPS EQF 4.
This training program is fully certified by Europe Active – European Health & Fitness Associations (EHFA) and establishes its graduates as internationally recognized Personal Trainers and certified members of the European register of Personal Trainers (EREPS) at the level ΕQF 4.
1. Role of the Personal Trainer
• Europe Active – EHFA personal trainer professional standards.
• Certified training, lifelong learning, professionalism.
• Rights, obligations, behavior, professional ethics code.
• Contact the practitioner, health promotion strategies.
2. Basic & Functional anatomy – Embiomechanics
• Human body, organs, systems and their functions.
• Cardiovascular system, endocrine, skeletal and muscular system.
• Anatomic levels, particular movements and muscle activity.
• Biomechanics basic positions, movements and exercises.
3. Exercise physiology & ergogenesis
• Aerobic and anaerobic metabolism, project production sources and energy substrates.
• Maximum oxygen uptake (VO2 max), lactate acid, anaerobic threshold.
• Physiological basis of fitness parameters.
• Physiological responses and adaptations to exercise depending on the type of training, the coaching stimuli and environmental conditions.
4. Health and fitness assessment & functional tests
• Suitability Questionnaire for exercise, health card, trainees localization requiring medical authorization.
• Evaluation of health risk factors, classification trainees.
• Calculation of body composition, fat percentage, lean body mass.
• Musculoskeletal evaluation, functional mobility tests, fitness tests.
5. Cardio, strength, mobility, functional & mix training
• Burden factors, biological and coaching adjustments.
• Selection and proper execution of exercises for each type of training.
• Exercises to body weight and additional instruments (free weights, rubber, resistance machines, cardio, micro-equipment/training accessories).
• Functional body weight training and additional equipments (suspension straps training, kettlebells training, elastic balance surfaces training, medicine and heavy balls training, plyo training, foam rollers, etc.).
• Intended program intensity, duration and frequency depending on the target.
6. Exercise planning and programming for healthy people
• Training cycle, micro cycle, meso cycle, macro cycle, using the periodicity model.
• Design training program according to sex, age, physical fitness level, experience in exercise, health problems and the trainee targets.
• Design of operational health promotion programs, improving general fitness, parameters of physical fitness, body composition goals etc.
• Design programs by various methods, interval, continuous, compo-mix and circular method of training, especially training systems.
7. Coaching, methodology & advisory
• Control and safety practitioner, preventive protective measures, compliance with safety regulations.
• Analysis exercises and programs, demonstration, error correction, error correction strategies, guidance and motivation.
• Provide assistance necessary security adjustments and changes depending on the practitioner.
• Behavior modification methods, goal setting and incentives aid effort, such as for stress control, smoking cessation, health promotion, adoption and maintenance of healthy lifestyle.
• Responding to emergencies, basic first aid procedures and emergency support.
• Business and marketing skills for personal trainers.
8. Chronically diseases & special population
• Specific and clinical populations, people with functional limitations, people with musculoskeletal disorders and injuries.
• Obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease.
• Children, Junior, pregnant women, people over 65 years.
• Medically prescribed exercise.
9. Basic, functional & special advisory nutrition
• Metabolism, calories, energy balance, macro- and micro- nutrients.
• Food items, foods, national dietary guidelines.
• Dietary guidelines for health promotion, weight management, fat reduction, muscle hypertrophy, optimum physical appearance and performance.
• Food supplements.